Sturtevant Richmont DTT System 8
High Accurate Torque Tester with Fail Safe Engineering
Sturtevant Richmont invented the first torque analyzers and torque testers. Those inventions shaped both the manufacturing and the torque tool industry. The new System 8® takes the industry to another level by being the first torque tester to let the workers and supervisors know that the tester may have been pulled out of spec.
The most accurate digital torque tester with Fail Safe Engineering!
- Greater accuracy and durability with simplicity and ease of operation
- Floating decimal point, 6 digit display is easy to read
- Accurate to ± 0.25% (indicated value) from 10% to 100%
- Over capacity alert and tracking
What good is testing torque tools with a tester that could be out of spec and you don’t know it? System 8 solves this long standing challenge.
Like all Sturtevant Richmont tools it is built for accuracy and durability and meets or exceeds the following standards:
- ASME B107.300 - 2010 Electronic Tester, Hand Torque Tools
- ISO 5393 Rotary tools for threaded fasteners- Performance test methods
- ASME B107.4M Driving and Spindle Ends for Portable Hand, Impact, Air, and Electric Tools (Percussion Tools Excluded)
- ISO 1773 Assembly Tools for Bolts and Screws – Driving Squares for Power Socket Wrenches and Hand Socket Wrenches
- ISO 1774-2 Assembly Tools for Bolts and Screws – Driving Squares for power socket tools
System 8 display has a floating point decimal resolution showing 6 digits throughout. Combine that with an accuracy of 0.5% (indicated value) from 10% to 100% and System 8 capabilities give you control of your torque testing program.
The new System 8® line of Digital Torque Testers is ideal for interim or daily torque testing programs for clicker torque wrenches, camover torque tools, torque screwdrivers, and non-impact power tools.
Fail Safe Engineering and A Tester That Has Something Important to Say to You!
System 8 error proofs your error-proofing program by letting you know when the unit has been stretched to 120% or more of capacity and may no longer be in calibration.
System 8 has an LED that flashes red to alert you to the problem. It doesn’t stop until you reset the unit. The display also tells you the unit has been stretched over capacity.
System 8 captures the over capacity data even if the memory was turned off. If memory was turned on and the unit is pulled over 120% capacity and a worker tries to erase the memory to stop the LED from flashing, the display tells the worker to “See Supervisor 120% Over Capacity”.
System 8 reporting identifies all tests completed between overload and reset.
Every aspect of the torque tool testing process has been engineered to fail safe specifications to protect your quality and your reputation.
No other torque tester on the market does this.
Key Features and Characteristics
- Accuracy of +/- .25% of Indicated Value from 10% to 100% of rated capacity. Meets or exceeds requirements of ASME B107.300-2010
- Tests in both clockwise and counterclockwise directions
- Four modes of operation - Track, Peak, Initial Peak and Power Tool - provide excellent versatility
- Units of measure include English, Standard International and metric
- With only 8 buttons System 8® is amazingly simple to operate!
- Memory stores up to 999 records that can be downloaded to Hyper-Terminal or terminal type program to create testing reports and data storage
- Four line vacuum florescent display (VFD) is easy to read
- Red/Green LED indicates whether a measurement is within the target torque value
- Overload (120% of capacity) warning is built in and all torque readings are recorded. Overload (120% of capacity) If unit has been overloaded and turned off, the VFD brings up the incident that caused TT2 to be in an overload situation once power is turned on
- Overload (120% of capacity) warning displayed on the VFD. All records post overload are noted with OVL in documentation until the unit is reset
- Overload (120% of capacity) record data stored in two separate places and cannot be erased even if unit memory is turned off
- Includes FREE certificate of calibration from our ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited Calibration Laboratory!
- Includes 120-240 VAC to 6 VDC screw on power supply for security during power tool testing.
- Runs on four AA NiMH rechargeable batteries. Batteries sold separately. Quick charge unit is available
- Includes a free blow molded plastic box for storage and transit
- Power Tool mode has ten filters and will accurately test all clutch type and pulse tools
- R10601 = 4-way Transducer Switch Module
- R10599 = TTM Software
- R(misc) = RDF Simulators for Power-Tools 1-340 Nm