Sturtevant Richmont IDW
Industrial Dial Wrench
Sturtevant Richmont (SR) has made some changes to the dial wrench line up. The MD series dial wrenches are now in legacy status. You will immediately see and feel the difference in the new Industrial Dial Wrench (IDW) Series. More than the cosmetic changes of the black oxide powder coat and chromed steel, SR also changed square drive sizes to enhance structural integrity. The new IDW series of dial torque wrenches are ideal for any application where
- A visible reading of the torque is important
- A retained measurement of the peak torque is required
- The user can see the face of the tool when torque is being applied
- Accuracy better than that of a clicker-type torque wrench is desired
- The application is non-destructive
- Rotation torque of an assembly is a specification.
High-precision assembly operations, fastener testing (in-process/final/receiving) operations where prevailing-torque nuts are used, and auditing of fastener or assembly torque are all places where the new IDW Series will make a difference.
A specially-designed extension handle is included on tools of 600 lbf·ft/800 N·m and greater capacity. This provides both greater ergonomic advantage through longer lever length and a short disassembled length for easy storage and transport.
- Accuracy of ± 3% Indicated Value from 20% to 100% of capacity
- Meets or exceeds ASME B107.300-2010 and EN ISO 6789.
- Error Proofing By Design: Oversized dial face is extremely easy to read and helps to eliminate parallax error.
- Error Proofing By Design: A memory indicator is provided on each wrench and remains at the maximum torque achieved for positive torque verification.
- Heavy duty dial guard protects against breakage.
- The neoprene rubber grip that comes on tools up to 250 lbf·ft/350 N·m capacity supports proper grip and provides comfort during use.
- Black oxide powder coat provides industrial strength finish.
- Dial torque wrench IDW
- Rugged, blow molded, storage case
- FREE NIST-traceable tabulated certification included.
- Operating instructions
- A specially-designed extension handle is included on tools of 600 lbf·ft/800 N·m and greater capacity.
|Model||Item No.||Torque Range N·m||Graduation N·m||Sq Drv inch||Length mm||Weight kg|
|IDW-6 Nm||R815720||1.2 - 6||0.25||1/4||261||0.55|
|IDW-15 Nm||R815707||3 - 15||0.25||3/8||261||0.55|
|IDW-35 Nm||R815708||7 - 35||0.5||3/8||261||0.55|
|IDW-70 Nm||R815709||14 - 70||1.0||3/8||312||0.64|
|IDW-200 Nm||R815710||40 - 200||2.5||1/2||528||1.27|
|IDW-350 Nm||R815711||70 - 350||5.0||1/2||528||1.27|
|IDW-800 Nm||R815712||160 - 800||10||3/4||1181||3.40|
|IDW-1300 Nm||R815723||260 - 1300||25||1||1816||7.71|
|Model||Item No.||Torque Range lbf·in||Graduation lbf·in||Sq Drv inch||Length mm||Weight kg|
|IDW-30 I||R815700||6 - 30||1||1/4||261||0.55|
|IDW-50 I||R815719||10 - 50||2||1/4||261||0.55|
|IDW-150 I||R815701||30 - 150||2||3/8||261||0.55|
|IDW-300 I||R815702||60 - 300||5||3/8||261||0.55|
|IDW-600 I||R815703||120 - 600||10||3/8||312||0.64|
|Model||Item No.||Torque Range lbf·ft||Graduation lbf·ft||Sq Drv inch||Length mm||Weight kg|
|IDW 150||R815704||30 - 150||2||1/2||529||1.27|
|IDW 250||R815705||50 - 250||5||1/2||529||1.27|
|IDW 600||R815706||120 - 600||10||3/4||1181||3.40|
|IDW 1000||R815722||200 - 1000||10||1||1816||7.71|
The table shows the torque ranges specified by the manufacturer. Usage in the medium range (approx. 1/3 to 4/5 of rated capacity) is recommended. If you would regularly work close to the load capacity limit, a larger tool may be ergonomically more advantageous.
All technical data without guarantee, errors and omissions excepted.