Sturtevant Richmont TCV-FM
Torque Control Verifier for 1 FM click wrench
The TCV-FM 2.4 GHz is ideal when the application calls for accuracy, repeatability and simplicity of the 2.4 GHz Wireless Preset Clicker-Type Torque Wrench, and only a single tool at the station needs to be controlled. The TCV-FM provides verification to the operator on the quality of each use, plus DC 24V relays and I/O port for line controller communications (PLC).
When a click-type torque wrench is operated on a fastener, the wrench spends a certain amount of time in the “clicked“ position; thus a small time slot occurs between releasing and easing the wrench. The TCV-FM detects proper use of the Switch Wrench via timer – like the PTV-FM, but without batch counting. It compares the duration of the click to the T-min and T-max specification limits and immediately communicates to the operator the acceptability of that use of the wrench. Thus missing or over-torqueing of fasteners and jerking torque wrenches is eliminated, the error rate is reduced and the productivity is improved.
The TCV was created for those who desire to integrate their manual torque wrenches into their control line automation, without necessarily needing all of the features of the PTV-FM. The TCV performs the comparison and communication functions required for basic control, but without the stand-alone capabilities of the PTV.
- Controls one (1) SLTC-2.4FM preset clicker-type torque wrench for accurate and repeatable torques and extremely high communciation reliability.
- Bi-directional wireless communication on 2.4 GHz FM band.
- Immediately informs operator via lights and a buzzer of proper (Accept) or improper (Reject) wrench use.
- 5 pin connector for use with 24 VDC I/O system.
- Cycle Accept, Cycle Reject and Reset relays keep line control system informed of status at all time.
- Tool use specifications are easily programmed with supplied software through the 9-pin serial port.
- Operates on either 110-120 VAC or 220-240 VAC power.