Preset Clicker & Color Marking Torque Driver
A world first! When the set torque is achieved, it automatically marks evidence of proper tightening on the heads of small screws and bolts. It determines whether tightening has been missed by detecting the presence or absence of marks, at the end of the manufacturing process and after shipping. MNTD series Error-proofing (Pokayoke) torque drivers mark small screws and bolts after tightening, as a human tightening error countermeasure.
It is common to use a pen to mark work after tightening with a torque screwdriver, but with a Tohnichi marking tool the two actions are combined into one, improving productivity. When set torque is achieved, marking is done automatically, eliminating the possibility of an operator otherwise forgetting to mark work.
Clearly identifiable marks provide evidence of tightening to the required torque, and this evidence remains even after manufacturing and shipping. Markings on bolt and screw heads can be detected in image form using an industrial level CCD camera, permitting unmanned inspections.
One marker (sold separately) can mark about 1,000 times. Selection of two colors: red and blue. Marker positioning is adjustable to accommodate a wide variety of bolts and screws. Lineup includes a total of 7 types of Phillips (+) and hex bits for MNTD series products (sold separately).
- Obvious marking on pan, flat and binding head screws.
- Suitable for precision equipment assembly by non-rotary mechanism.
- Approx. 1 000 shots per marker. Easy replacement with disposable marker.
- Selection of two colors: red and blue.
- Total 7 types of Phillips and Hexagon bits available
– Phillips #1 / #2 / #3.
– Hexagon W 2.5 / 3 / 4 / 5 mm.
- Possibility to level up inspection system with CCD camera.
- Accuracy and calibration procedures compliant ISO 6789 type II class E.
- Preset torque on request.
- Auxiliary handle (standard accessory only for the MNTD500CN), resin grip (green; standard accessory only for the MNTD120CN and MNTD 260CN).
- Traceable calibration certificate (JCSS)
- Operating manual
- Special bits and markers are required during use. Select the body, special bits and marker that suit your purposes, then place your order.
- Use screws and bolts with head diameters of at least 5.5 mm.
- Cannot mark locking bolts or screws with hex holes.
- Black screws and bolts may reduce mark visibility. If you consider adopting this system, we recommend that you first conduct tests.
|Model||Item No.||Torque Range*
|MNTD 120 CN||T202225||120||12||10||150||24||0.22||1/4|
|MNTD 260 CN||T202226||260||26||23||152||30.5||0.32||1/4|
|MNTD 500 CN||T202227||500||51||44||168||33||0.43||1/4|
A torque tool should be selected so that it is mainly used in its medium torque range. If you had to work regularly close to the maximum load capacity, a larger model should be chosen to prevent risk of overtorquing.
All specifications without guarantee, errors and omissions excepted.